JOB TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
The Williston Downtowners Association is a 501©6 non-profit organization that promotes and supports Downtown businesses and events to market the Downtown District as a destination. The WDA was established in February 2015 and is governed by a Board of Directors. The Williston Downtowners Association works to keep the Downtown District unique, vibrant and the heart of Williston.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as principal staff for the WDA Board of Directors
· Plan, market and manage WDA events and develop other new ideas. Current events include:
Annual Art and Wine Walk (April)
Main Street market (mid June-mid October)
Summer Nights on Main (summer concert series)
Crazy Days (summer sidewalk sale event downtown)
2019 North Dakota Downtowner’s Conference (August)
Trail of Treats (Halloween)
Small Business Saturday (first Saturday following Thanksgiving)
Holiday Stroll (December)
WDA Annual Member Meeting (January)
· Responsible for the financial management of the association, including the development and implementation of the annual budget approved by the Board of Directors
· Monitor and accurately report expenses and revenues for all events
· Secure sponsorships, volunteers, event orders, necessary permits, licenses, and other duties as needed for all events
· Increase public awareness of existing events through community and media relations. Must be able to write press releases, social media posts, and execute an overall marketing plan. Maintain and update media list and newsletter database. Develop rapport with editors and reporters.
· Serve as content manager for www.willistondowntown.com and WDA social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging future platforms.
· Advocate and lobby with key governmental entities as to grow the Downtown business district
· Primary liaison with organizations and businesses, governmental entities, and WDA members. Serve as spokesperson for the WDA and conduct themselves in a manner that creates a positive and professional reputation for the association and within the community.
· Prepare any and all correspondence necessary to carry out assigned responsibilities
· Provide logistical expertise and support to outside entities organizing downtown events
· Develop and maintain internship and volunteer program
· Develop, grow and maintain WDA membership program
· Any other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
· Management: Maintain effective internal systems to account for all receipts and expenditures of funds. Ability to organize multiple events at once. Effective planning and controlling of various projects and outcomes. General office procedural knowledge.
· Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats including written communication and verbal presentations.
· Thinking Critically: Creativity and initiative to provide a fresh approach to existing events and development of new ideas. Clearly understands the mission of the association and continuously works to promote the WDA achieve its goals.
· Dependability: Time management and accuracy in completing projects. Seeks increased responsibility while remaining conscientious, thorough, accurate and reliable with respect to achieving the association goals. This includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they arise.
· Building Trust: Maintain good interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside the WDA.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Preferred experience in management, promotion, organization of events, non-profit, and fundraising
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with variety of different audiences including sponsors, vendors, volunteers, board members, association members, business owners, city officials, and the general public
· Must be detail orientated and have the ability to multitask. Must be a self-starter, upbeat, enthusiastic, passionate and have high energy.
· Must have ability to work independently
· Must know how to create a budget and work within an approved budget
· Knowledge of basic marketing, advertising, and promotional principles are necessary as well as an understanding of graphic design principles and website skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Power Point and Excel
· Ability to walk, stand, and perform certain job duties in a variety of weather extremes for extended periods of time
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
· Proven ability to lead and collaborate within a team environment
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
This is a full-time salaried position and will include some nights and weekends as designated by events. Must be flexible.
Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation and paid holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume, letter of interest and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
Williston Downtowners Association
ATTN: Board of Directors
PO Box 133
Williston, ND 58802
Applications submitted prior to Friday, March 1 2019 will be given preferential consideration.
Web site: www.willistondowntown.com
Facebook: Williston Downtowners Association
Twitter and Instagram: @willistondt